Saves you money

Things are expensive. I know, pretty obvious statement but it's very true. I do my best not to buy expensive things. Most of the time that means I just don't buy anything but other times it means I find ways to spend less on expensive things. Today I have two examples of things that I bought this weekend for less than the sticker price.

First: Planet Earth on Blu-Ray. On BestBuy.com the collection costs $79.99 but thanks to a special one day deal on WalMart's website I was able to get it for $37.99. Walmart.com had run out of copies by the time I found out but my girlfriend and I printed the screen and took it to Best Buy. At try to avoid going to Best Buy at all costs as I can't stand the way they run their business...but I make exceptions when it comes to price matching. I see it as my opportunity to take a little bit of their money. After searching the store for around 45 minutes we finally found one of two remaining copies. Took it to the customer service and after a little convincing we got it for aroudn 40 dollars. Very happy with our purchase. Looks incredible on my roomate's TV.

Second: Guitar Hero World Tour Bundle for Playstation 3. For the last 3 years I have avoided buying plastic video game instruments. Rock Band and Guitar Hero games have always seemed fun but I could never get over the price. The Guitar Hero World Tour bundle costs around a hundred dollars no matter where you look. On Sunday I was at Target buying some deoderant and I checked out the electronics section out of habit. There wheren't any good markdowns in the game section and nothing good in Dvds so I started to walk to the register. Then tucked away in an end cap where two copies of the game and one guitar for only twenty two dollars. So I snatched one up and took it to the register. On my way home I stopped by a Hollywood video and lucky me they had Guitar Hero drums on sale for only ten dollars. So I got the whole bundle for a third of the price. I'm pretty excited about it.

Feels good buying $180 worth of stuff for only $70.

0 comments:

Post a Comment