Fast bus

Action movies get a bad wrap, and for good reason. A lot of them are very very bad. And even some of the best action movies still have a little bit of bad in them. Speed is no different. It has all the early 90's action cheese that you would expect from a 1994 Keaneu Reeves movie, but it also has something awesome.

Last night I couldn't sleep and wound up channel surfing on the couch. That's when I decided that I was going to watch Speed. All I really knew about it was the premise...which sounds pretty bad after 15 years. There are people on a bus. There is a bomb on the bus. The bus can't go slower than 50 mph or the the bomb explodes and kills the people.

The cast list is also pretty laughable. Keanu: Guy's just not a very good actor. Sandra Bullock: Meh, just don't like her. Dennis Hopper: Past his prime. The only two actors whose performances I actually enjoyed where Jeff Daniels and Matthew Broderick's best friend from Ferris Bueler.

But despite all this I LOVED this movie. Movie starts with action. Then 15 mintutes of story and the rest is action. Really intense action. I've never seen a movie that filled me with this much suspsense. By the end of the movie my veins where full of adrenline. Thank you HBO on demand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment