Keanu Watch 2009

I've decided to take on an a new challenge, it is something that I'm calling Keanu Watch 2009. I've spent my whole life watching Keanu Reeves movies and wondering why people cast him in movies. In all the Keanu Reeves movies that I've watched I haven't seen a shred of evidence that he in fact has any acting talent. He's charismatic...sometimes...but I want to see his acting chops. If you have any leads as to what movie the talent may be hiding in let me know. The hunt begins!

1 comments:

anivad said...

Hi. The Keanu SWAT Team is here to help. Which of the ~57 of Keanu's films have you watched?

There are a lot of differing opinions regarding Keanu's best performances (some of those considered his best by some people are considered his worst by others, and vice versa), but generally, these are the ones where his acting has received the most praise:

- The Gift (for which he received Oscar buzz)
- River's Edge (1986 film which first got him critically noticed)
- A Scanner Darkly
- The Devil's Advocate
- Permanent Record
- The Last Time I Committed Suicide
- Under the Influence
- My Own Private Idaho
- Street Kings
- I Love You to Death
- Thumbsucker

He also got excellent reviews for his 1983 stage turn as Mercutio in Romeo & Juliet, and fairly good reviews for his 1995 Hamlet, but those aren't films and don't count in this case. Meanwhile is it is generally accepted thing in Keanu fandom that his best acting is done in his small indie films rather than the mainstream blockbusters where things just blow up.

For further enquiry, we can be contacted at admin@whoaisnotme.net

Thank you, and we hope that this list is of use in helping you achieve a greater appreciation of the one they call Keanu.

- Anakin McFly
Keanu SWAT Team
http://www.whoaisnotme.net

Post a Comment