Home yet

This weekend I'm back in Houston at my parent's house. Monday is my 21st birthday and we're getting together with my aunt, uncle, and grand parents to celebrate. What does being home mean to me? A lot of things.

1. Homemade meals from my mom. Today my little brother and I came home to incredible pot roars, biscuits, and cooked vegetables. No matter how hard I try when I make dinner at my apartment it never tastes like this.

2. PUPPY! My Dad got a little tiny yellow lab puppy on July 2nd and I love her to death. Over the summer the two of us spent a lot of late nights snoozing on the couch. Now she's big but still the best pup ever.

3. DVR. Life with basic cable is rough...well not really but we've got a backlog of Arrested Development episodes on our DVR. Sure, I've got them on DVD at my apartment but watching them on my parents big TV with the whole family around is just so much better.

4. And of course family. Mine specifically. What would I be without my parents. They give me drive, humor, support, love, and many other things. I can't thank them enough for all that they've given me, with out them I would be nothing.

3 comments:

Emmy said...

Buttering up the parents before your birthday with sentimental blog posts??? Sounds like a plan to get prezzies...well played Proc...

(just kidding I know you genuinely love your family! Who doesn't? I'm just trying to make your mom laugh because I bet after reading that she's crying!)

Donna Jo said...

Pass the kleenex!!!

Proctor Anderson said...

I figure I would offset the sadness with the Tobias picture. Guess it didn't work.

Post a Comment