My week in movies

This last week I have watched a lot of movies. A lot more than usual.

Speed: Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! (See review type of thing a few posts down)

Pan's Labyrinth: I think I really liked this movie. I say think because I fell asleep in beginning and wasn't really in the mood for trippy Spanish civil war fantasy but by the end of the movie I was glued to the screen. The visual effects where stunning and the film's story was fantastic.

Enemy of the State: Wow! I'd been meaning to watch this movie for years but just never got around to it. I'm sure part of the reason I enjoyed it some much was my never ending love for Will Smith, but it was a really solid movie. The only complaints I had involved how realistic technology in the movie was, and that it also wasn't as cool as I imagine it would have been had i seen it in 1998.

City of God: I had heard a lot of good things about City of God and for the most part it didn't let down. Great story, interesting setting, and great style. There was clearly a lot of thought put into the way that the movie was filmed. The one thing that could have used work was the 130 minute length...little lengthy.

20 minutes of Hancock: What a terrible terrible disappointment. I love super heroes and as I mentioned before I love Will Smith but good God this movie was bad. And of course by this movie I mean the first 20 minutes, but if a movie can't hook me by then then whats the point in wasting my time with it? The visual effects looks horrendous. The romantic subplot was predictable. Just a bad movie overall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment