Going into labor day

In 17 minutes I will be turning 21 years old. I'm excited. It is a big day apparently. But I'm also unexcited. Unexcited about the avalanche of comments I'm about to receive on Facebook. September 7th is the day that a ton of my closest facebook "friends" read that it is my birthday and then leave a stock standard birthday greeting for me. Is that suppose to make me happy? Or gracious. Usually there are about 7 people that are actually wishing me a happy birthday and putting some effort into a unique and meaningful birthday wish. As for the rest of them? Nothing. The clock hasn't even struck 12 and the comments have already started to roll in.

"Happy Birthday _____!"
"______ I can't believe you are finally 21"
"Have a good B-Day _____"

I like my birthday to be low key. Spend time with those closest to me. And eat cake. Tomorrow I'm going to spend time with my family, drive back to Austin with my brother, and go see Inglorious Basterds at the Alamo Drafthouse with my girlfriend. I think it is going to be a pretty good day.

1 comments:

Donna Jo said...

So Proc, you really were not starting to make your appearance 21 years ago until about now. You entered the world at about 11:15 pm. It was a long, laborious day! But with a happy ending.

Post a Comment