Love/Hate: Playing Modern Warfare 2 Online

Love: Playing Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer. I sunk more time into Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's multiplayer mode than I'd like to really think about. The game was balanced, fun, and rewarding. So rewarding in fact that it'd be easy to play for hours without even realizing it. Modern Warfare 2 has all of that and more, much much more. The new game has more weapon options, better levels, more modes of play, and tons of stuff to unlock and customize. I've already sunk around 15 hours into the online play and I have no urge to stop.

Hate: Playing with people on Xbox Live. I've been playing Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox 360, which means my only option online is Xbox Live. Unfortunately the Live community isn't the most pleasant to play with. Every time I enter a game I feel like at least a third of my fellow players are going to be jerks, and usually I'm correct. Never before in my life have I seen a group of people so full of themselves and over involved with their own personal success. People are constantly complaining, cursing, and yelling at and about other players. And there is usually no shortage of racial slurs being thrown around. It's a shame such a fun experience can be ruined by a few bad people

0 comments:

Post a Comment