Old News: Yakuza 3 coming to U.S.

You ever get behind something, like a book or a movie, without having seen or read it? Defending it and wanting what's best for it? I'm like that with Sega's Yakuza series.

The 3, soon to be 4, games put the player in control of former Yakuza member Kazuma Kiryu as her returns from 10 years in jail. The games have been acclaimed for their realistic depiction of the Japanese crime world as well as for their pacing, story, and fighting system.

But alas this means nothing to me because I havent played any of them. I keep intending too, and I even bought the first one a few months ago but I still haven't popped it into my Playstation. Why? Well, I've been busy and the idea of starting a big series like this is kind of daunting. I'm going to have to put in a lot of man hours to finish the first two.

The other problem is, or rather was, that this summer Sega announced that the third installment of the series wasn't going to be released here in America. Why waste my time on the first two if I'm never even going to get to play the rest?

Today as I was cruising the Internet I discovered that on Sept. 19 Sega announced that Yakuza 3 is currently being localized and is going to release both in Europe and here in the United States. I couldn't be happier. I am however disapointed that it took me 2 weeks to find out about this, apparently concentrating on school has its drawbacks.

Source: 1up

0 comments:

Post a Comment