A gift from Japan: Boss Coffee


This June my girlfriend Emmy went on a two week trip to Japan and when she returned home she gave me a tiny little can of Boss Rainbow Mountain Blend coffee. Today I finally popped it open and tried the Japanese beverage.

Apparently Boss coffee is huge in Japan. You can buy it in vending machines all over the place, and there are billboards every where promoting it. The best thing about the ads? The company's spokesman is Tommy Lee Jones. That's right the academy award winning American actor is the face of a Japanese coffee company. (Check out the commercial below)

Enough distraction though, back to today's tasting. I poured the drink into a coffee cup to make sure it hadn't gone bad in the months that it spent aging in my parent's refrigerator. The liquid looked...well like coffee. Smelled like coffee too. Tasted a lot like you're usual iced coffee. The coffee itself was a little bit stronger than most coffee drinks but packed a pretty standard punch as far as flavor was concerned. Would I drink it again? Yes, but just because I do what Tommy Lee Jones tells me too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment