Choosing favorites

A few days ago my little brother Walter told me how I could get a free five dollar credit for Amazon.com's MP3 store (Click here if free legal music downloads are your cup of tea). So I got onto Amazon to check out what my options where. I spotted two albums that interested me.

One was Redman and Method Man's new album "Blackout! 2" and the other was Phoenix's Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix. I sat for a good long five minutes before I decided I should got to bed and decide in the morning. Why was it such a hard decision? Well as soon as I saw Blackout! 2 I wanted to buy it. I love hip hop! It's pretty much the only genre that I listen to...but at the same time I would much rather support a group of musicians that play their instraments and go on tour. It's not like I wouldn't enjoy Phoenix's album, because I would, it is just that I'd probably only listen to it once or twice. Blackout! 2 on the other hand I would listen to on a regular basis.

I slept on it. Then I went to school. It was strange of me to put so much thought in to one little purchase. It was only five dollars but for some reason I just couldn't figure it out. I ended up buying the Redman/Method Man album. I guess it was the right choice. I really like it. But still I feel just a little bit guilty for not supporting an up and coming band. I spent a big chunk of my teenage years supporting bands just like Phoenix. I dished out money, both my parents and my own, to see bands like, to buy their overpriced mechandise, and to listen their albums. Now I don't do that. Crazy how things change.

0 comments:

Post a Comment